tiistai 5. helmikuuta 2013

TheSeatHeaters favourite new cars of 2012


When this car first came out in 2004 I thought it was one of the most useless cars ever made and that the manufacturer just had too much money on their hands. I'm obviously talking about the Mercedes-Benz CLS. It was just a more expensive and flashier E-class. But after that other big car manufacturers have copied the idea of a four-door coupé from Mercedes and made something that competes directly at it, e.g., the Audi A7. Then Mercedes decided that they'd had enough and produced the new and improved CLS in 2011 and in 2012 this: Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake. 
At first I thought they've made the same mistake again as with the original CLS, it's completely pointless. But when I saw it for real in a showroom and sat in it I completely understood the point. It was big, brash and in especially in matte silver it was pretty. The shooting brake isn't even much more expensive than the normal CLS. Which makes me wonder, why anyone would buy a normal Mercedes-Benz CLS when you could have something really special?


Normal CLS for comparison

Mercedes-Benz CLS Shooting Brake


Best supercar of the year in my mind was not the new Pagani or the imposing Lamborghini Aventador it is more mainstream. The Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.
The F12 has the same 6.3 litre V12 as the Ferrari FF developing 730 hp but without the awefully hideous body of the FF. The F12 has sometype of elegance to it I don't know what else to say of it's looks. It's the best Looking front-engined Ferrari since the 365 GTB or simply known as the Ferrari Daytona. That body combined with the most powerful engine Ferrari has ever made for a road legal car is a symphony of power, beauty and excellence.
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta

The Toyota GT86 and Subaru BRZ (if you didn't know they're the same car). As a powerplant they have a 2.0 liter, 200 horsepower boxer engine and rear wheel drive.
When I saw this car the first time I gasped and thought that's the best looking Toyota/Subaru ever. It looks like it's built with beauty in mind which is something I never thought I'd be saying about a car coming from Japan, the land of boring, cheap and reliable family hatchbacks. But hey! It's a new drift car from Japan. Something the Celica should have always been. 
Toyota GT86
 -tgmatti
 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti