tiistai 12. helmikuuta 2013

Godzilla

Why the Nissan GT-R is great.
I’m constantly pestered by my friend about my love for the GT-R even if I never have or probably never will own or even drive one. There are only a few cars in your lifetime that you spend your valuable time in class dreaming of instead of listening to the professor talking about his bath sponge or something.

It all began for me with the Skyline R32 the first of the GT-Rs. I saw it on the telly in a cartoon being driven by an awesome anti-hero, for me he was the coolest guy ever and so the car was the coolest ever. Later in life I decided to look into it and found out that there were quite a few of GT-Rs around and that they were quite popular especially in japan where they are regarded as gods.

They have the road and track pedigree equal of any European super car. All other cars in the same performance range are miles from the GT-R in terms of value to money, you simply can’t go faster cheaper. This does not mean low quality…no... the opposite. Every detail from the body to the engine is crafted to perfection, the whole body is crafted to move wind to the spoiler and every engine is handmade! Of course some sacrifices are made to keep the price from going to the skies but these are small and really irrelevant to the overall experience.

It has recently gotten a huge amount of hate dropped on it, people think it’s boring and no fun. Too mechanical, too quiet, it has no soul and all that. If you think that then I have news for you: this car is not for you! This car is for people like me who get a boner from science and technology. It is about perfection being anal about every little detail to perfection, every detail is crafted to perfection; that is what the GT-R is about.

Call me a fanboy if you want. I do not care. The Nissan GT-R is one of the greatest cars of the 2000s and one for the ages. It is a mark for other companies to strive towards and view as an example of greatness.

R32. R33, R34
And the Nissan GT-R (R35)

-Jontsuy

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti