sunnuntai 31. heinäkuuta 2016

A touch of racing livery




The F1 cars raced this weekend in Hockenheim which is about a one hour drive away from the Porsche headquarters in Stuttgart. So I thought I'd show you the Porsche which was next to the Porsche 356 Speedster replica at the Porsche gathering.
Porsche 911 with Gulf inspired livery
It was this glorious Porsche 911 in classic Gulf inspired livery. Now, I'm no Porsche enthusiast so I really don't know which year it is from. The only clue of the year I have is from the "whale tail" spoiler. It was fitted to different 911 models from 1973-1991. They were at first fitted to race spec 911's and later to sport spec Carreras and SC's. This and the single tailpipe has lead me to believe that this uniquely coloured 911 is either a 3.0 SC or a 3.2 Carrera. 

The redesigned front lip

The classic fixed spoiler called the whale tail
The mandatory Gulf Oil sticker
The Gulf livery is not official obviously but does make it stand out around all the other 911's from that period. It also has great looking black and orange wheels to round out the look. Also, I'm not so sure that bumper is an original to that car. The classic front lip is sort of missing which I think makes the car look more modern.



 
Much money has been invested to this 911 I'm sure. The Gulf colours are naturally attention seeking and rightly so. They were used on the legendary Porsche 917 that won Le Mans 24 hours in 1970 and 1971. Which means the classic colours are tightly woven to the Porsche racing history.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti