tiistai 23. huhtikuuta 2013

Oh yeah! The Americans


Many things have been written on this blog so far, from the super cars in the Geneva Motor Show to the improved Mazda 6. But in the last `lazy´ post i noticed that one crucial part of the motoring industry has not been mentioned on this blog, until now.

It was the Dodge Challenger photo that made me think of the topic that's been silent on this blog. The topic of American muscle cars.
I know very little about muscle cars so I'm not going to tell you about the history of muscle cars that much, you can educate yourself on that. I have never been interested in the American muscle cars because I didn't think they were the best way to go, unless you wanted an American muscle car. But now I have started to warm up to those big beasts. Especially to a Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 from 1965. And yes, it might be shallow but it is the stripes and the noise. But I guess there isn't really anything else to that car.

As you all probably know the 60's and the 70's were the golden times for the American muscle cars, with all the Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers and Pontiac GTO's.  But in the 80's and 90's America started dragging it's tail around and it went all bad. The muscle cars weren't as exciting, they were built from plastic and just plain sucked. Not all of them sucked but the majority did. But a part of that may have also been down to the rise of the hot hatches.

After those horrible days of the muscle car they are starting to make a comeback with some new generations of the classic American muscle cars. Such as the Chevrolet Impala SS, Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang GT350. They are still behind in the technology department of the Europeans and the Japanese but they still ought to be real good at the light to light racing.
Do feel free to comment, if I've forgot to mention a muscle car, since muscle cars are not my strong point.

A magnificent Impala SS. I hope the owner didn't mind me taking this photo.
Dodge Charger R/T. It is an impressive thing to behold.
I can just hear the popular tune by Steppenwolf in the background.
Pontiac GTO in all its redness. 
I most certainly don't think this is pretty. Ford Mustang GT from 1990
The new Dodge Challenger and Chevrolet Camaro SS

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti